Did you know that popcorn ceilings were range back to the 60s and 90s? It is the material they would use to hide the drywall problems, imperfections, and issues. And with this material, we will no longer need to paint our drywall. It is easy and hassle-free. However, like other materials, we can experience disadvantages with popcorn ceilings. With their rough texture, popcorn ceilings will catch dust and cobwebs. We will have difficulties cleaning this type of material. Also, we will have a hard time dealing with cracks and holes. It is one of the reasons why we need to remove them from our property.
It is not easy to remove popcorn ceilings. Since this type of material is well-known way back in the 60s and 90s, the chances are high that it contains asbestos. We are fully aware that when asbestos is present, our health will be at risk. When we are unsure about the materials we deal with, it is best to let professionals handle them. Before putting ourselves and our family in danger, we need to ask for help from popcorn ceiling removal in Phoenix AZ. They know different ways and techniques on how to remove your popcorn ceilings without getting involved with asbestos. Also, they have tools and equipment perfect for the job. Apart from that, they will ensure that the other parts of your property will be free from damages during the removal.
Here are the things professional popcorn ceiling remover do to remove a popcorn ceiling faster and easier:
- Before anything else, professionals will get some parts of your popcorn ceiling for asbestos testing. They will determine if your popcorn ceilings have asbestos and if yes, they will provide the best ways on how to handle them. They have the right tools, equipment, and safety materials to avoid the effects of asbestos on their health. Also, they will tell you to stay away and secure your family to places that are unreachable by the dust and dirt during the removal.
- After asbestos testing, professionals will conduct a scrape test. They will try to scrape the popcorn ceiling when dry. If they observed that dry scrapping is not enough, they apply water. When it is still not enough, they will advise the best ways to hide your popcorn ceilings.
- After everything is in the right places, we will prepare our property for the big mess. We need to throw our junk, garbage, and conduct deep cleaning. Also, we need to remove our clothes, furniture, and other things away from our popcorn ceilings.
- We need to remove fans and other ceiling fixtures. We need to remove them to ensure that they will not get damaged and issues after the removal. It will disallow us from spending too much.
- If we have light bulbs within our property, we need to cover them. We need to secure them to ensure that they will not lose their functions.
- After we secure everything, the professionals will begin to work. They will do the things they need to do to remove the popcorn ceilings. You can do supervision, but it is best to stay away for your safety.